Thursday 25 June 2015

Glastonbury Festival Tour


I was a very lucky lady and had the opportunity to go on a coach tour around Glastonbury festival. I have never been to Glastonbury before and even though there was no chance of getting a ticket for the festival, I thought it would be stupid to turn down the chance to see the grounds. 

If you don't know what Glastonbury festival is, which I highly doubt. It is a five day music festival that takes place in Somerset in the UK. In addition to contemporary music, the festival hosts dance, comedy, theatre and other acts. 

I always watch Glastonbury live on TV every year and my auntie has been a few times. She has tried to describe how huge it is to me many times and after being on the tour, it has exceeded my expectations. 
It is absolutely MASSIVE! 

The amount of detail and preparation that goes into setting up and running the festival is unbelievable. 
The weather was typical festival weather....pouring down with rain!

We were all given an edition of the 2015 magazine and had a tour guide who told us lots of interesting facts about the festival which I have picked and listed below:

There are 35,000 people volunteering for this years festival. How bloody amazing is there. 

There is a small fully functioning A & E department on site. 

Proceeds from selling tickets and making money from Glastonbury festival supports charities such as OXFAM, GREENPEACE and WATER AID. 

The Glastonbury site is 900 acres. 

The Pyramid stage holds 90,000 people. 

There are 5,478 toilets on site.  (Not proper toilets, they are urinal type things.)

Bet you didn't know that did you?! 

Obviously I didn't go on the tour without taking a lot of photos. 


 Every bin in Glastonbury is hand painted like this...how cool?





 ARCADIA!



These are the urinal toilets that I mentioned in the facts above. 



The 17 meter ribbon tower looks over the whole of Glastonbury. 




No comments:

Post a Comment