Monday 5 May 2014

My Month In Photos | March 2014

I have been a very busy bee again in the last few months. Apologies for not blogging in a while, my laptop is broke & I have been unable to log onto my blog. I thought I would write about what I have been up to in the month of March, I wrote a post similar to this last month and am thinking about doing this every month as it's nice to reflect on what I have been doing and can look back in the future on my journey of recovery. I can't believe it is May already and we are 1/4 of the way through the year already! Time really does fly by...it's Crazyyy!

The sunshine made an appearance for a few days in March which really made a change as lately the weather has been absolute rubbish.  I love to just get out when the weather is nice, I don't really mind where I just hate being stuck in. It was nice to go out for the day and I took Ella, her friend Izzy & Esme to trago mills. It has a park, train, rides & a mini animal park. It's a 30 min drive from home so we decided to make a day of it & take a picnic and enjoyed a lovely sunny day. 
Me and the girls went away to Butlins, Minehead for an adults 90s weekend. We had such a good weekend full of craziness!  We are all 90s kids & decided to dress in fancy dress one evening, we were rocking the light washed mom jeans, crazy hairstyles & of course the bubble backpack! There were 90s tributes and members of famous pop bands such as 911 and the one and only s-club 7!! Obviously myself and the girls loved it!  We were lucky to stay in a nice new caravan (thanks to my friends cj's parents who own one) It's weekend's like this that I thank god I am well and can eventually have a lot of fun with my friends.


A lot of you may have heard of the CLIC Sargent charity. I have mentioned them a lot in my blog posts & they are an amazing charity who have supported me since my diagnosis. This year I have been asked be a CYPAG member, this stands for CLIC Sargent Young Persons Advisory Group. CLIC are a leading cancer charity who support children, young adults and their families who are faced with cancer. They are a charity who involve the people they help in a lot of their work and campaigns . Being a member means I attend a lot of workshop meetings and answer surveys about CLIC Sargent and their work. This is a great way for them to understand what help and support us patients need. At the end of march I was invited to a workshop weekend in Scotland at the Malcolm Sargent House, I met a lot of other patients there and really enjoy being part of the group. The house is a beautiful relaxing place, I previously wrote a post last year when myself and my family stayed there for the week, you can read the post here. These are some photos I took on my I-phone of the weekend and I am currently writing a post about the CYPAG workshop which I will later leave a link to. 

After a tiring weekend of travelling to and from Scotland, I arrived home to celebrate my 'not so little' brothers 18th Birthday. If you have read my previous posts you would have heard of my life saving brother, Kieran. He was only 16 when he donated his stem cells to me & you can read all about it here. As amazing as he is, we are still siblings and bicker like mad about the littlest things but we share something special that no other siblings share.....the bond of life. Still 17 months on I can't get over the fact that his blood cells are keeping me alive...it's crazy! He had a great evening and celebrated it with lots of friends and family.


No comments:

Post a Comment